Friday, November 21, 2008

My 1st Scrapbook Retreat 11.15.08

After many months of planning a scrapbook retreat, it has come and gone so quickly. I was very tired my dogs (feet) were barking from walking around so much, visiting, and getting things taken care of. We had snacks, food, goodie bags, a page layout contest, raffles oh and more food!!! I had such a great time and I think everyone else did too. The space I thought was going to be big enough but I under estimated the # of bags everyone would have and how much space everyone was going to need. Boy was I wrong. LOL. But I learned my lesson and the next venue will be bigger. I’m so thrilled that I was given the chance to meet so many new friends. I hope they all had a good time. They seemed to have fun aside from the cramped space. But you live and learn and believe me I learned get a BIGGER SPACE. LOL!

My next big weekend retreat is in April ‘09. It’s going to be a 3-night stay in a Mountain Home in South Lake Tahoe. I will be able to accommodate up to 38. Feeding 38…including me is going to be a big job and Jake has volunteered to cook all the meals for us. He’s even spoken up that he’s going to make cookies too so that the house will smell of cookies. :o) He’s so handy to have around. I think I’ll keep him. Ha-ha.

I'd like to send a special Thank You to Monique G. for teaching the Fall & Winter cricut classes. I know the ladies really enjoyed learning new techniques and creating beautiful layouts. They both were gorgeous.

Here is what they looked like.

Fall

Winter class

I'd also like to send another special Thank You to Holly B for your work on the Card make-n-takes you handed out to the ladies. They really enjoyed all 3 cards. They turned out really, really cute. I'll post pics as soon as I put mine together.

For the time being, I also have in the works another day retreat sometime in January in Roseville but not at the same place as the other one I had. To see all the retreat photos, go to my Webshots or Croppin' Around the Clock. See you next blog.

Unfortunately by the time I got around to taking a group photo we had already lost 3 ladies who had to leave earlier in the day.

No comments: