Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Diamond stone...costly mistake

Well here it is, a whole month since we got back from WDW and we miss it a lot. I don’t think I mentioned before about my diamond in my wedding band. Well somewhere between Florida & Sacramento I lost the stone. I hadn’t noticed it missing till the day after we got home. We were sitting in the Waffle Barn having breakfast the next morning and I folded my hands under the table and rubbed my right finger over my ring finger and found myself being scratched by what I thought was a sharp prong but NOPE my diamond was missing. Oh I was terribly upset. We looked in the cushion, the floor, we even moved the table to see if it was there and it wasn’t. I was sitting at the table crying. We got home, Jake and I looked everywhere thinking maybe I lost it in the bed or shower or anywhere but it was nowhere to be found. In the meantime Jake called the Sacramento police, the TSA & the Florida airport just to report it missing just in case anyone turned in a diamond. No such luck. At least we know we did everything possible to find it. Jake then called the insurance company to report it lost. Luckily we have renters insurance and luckily when we were in last year to see our agent he suggested getting insurance on the ring, good thing we did or else we would have been out of luck. Well, we got the insurance check so we could buy a new one. Tonight we went to a jewelry store to find a new stone. So far we’ve only visited 1 store but we’ll be going to other stores to compare prices. We went to Jared and they showed us a really beautiful stone, it’s called the Radiant-cut diamond. It looks so pretty in my setting. I think they have the highest price on it though so we’re going to continue to shop around. We never heard of the Radiant before. It was GORGEOUS and it’s a nice change of pace from an original round cut. When we go to other jewelers we’ll ask to see this cut. GOSH, I really MISS my ring. I want to start wearing it again. I feel so ‘naked’ without it.

So a word of caution to all Homeowners & Renters is to be sure to get insurance on your wedding bands or for that matter any jewelry you have. Or it can be pretty costly mistake in the future. See you next blog.

<-- this is what a Radiant Diamond cut looks like. Isn't it gorgeous???
Trimmed corners are the signature of this diamond, and they help make the radiant-cut a popular and versatile choice for jewelry. A radiant-cut looks equally beautiful set with either baguette or round side-diamonds. Radiant-cut diamonds can vary in their degree of rectangularity. To find the dimension of radiant you want, look for the length-to-width ratio in our interactive diamond search and on each diamond's detail page. The lenght-to-width ratio will determine the diamond's outline, or what it will look like when viewed from the top. For a radiant diamond shape that is square, look for length-to-width ratios between 1 and 1.05. If you prefer more of a rectangular shape, look for length-to-width ratios greater than 1.10.

No comments: