Friday, October 17, 2008

Little of this, little of that

What a busy few weeks we have had. We had our niece Tori and nephew Tyler last weekend. Friday night Tori & I went to Green Tangereines to scrappy hour. It was Tori’s first time scrapbooking in an actual store and she had an awesome time...or so she saw. ;) It was her first time ever in a scrapbook store for that matter. J Luckily she had a ½ cup of coffee around 8pm because she’d have been asleep by 9 instead of making it till 12am. But she was a trooper, she made till midnight! YAY TORI! J She did an awesome job for being her first time as a Scrapbooker. I think I really have an apprentice on my hands. WOO HOO. I’m sad I forgot to take pics of her pages. Maybe she’ll take some for me and email them to me. While Tori & I were scrapbooking, Jake & Tyler went and picked up my ring from The Shane Company and brought it up to me while I was sb'ing Friday night. If you haven’t read my previous blog, I lost my diamond from my wedding ring somewhere between LA & Sacramento on our way home from our FL trip. Anyway, I got the stone replaced and it is beautiful. I showed it off to anyone who was willing to see it and hear the story of why it was replaced. LOL Here's a pic of my ring with new stone. Ain't it purty???


On Saturday Jake took Tori & Tyler to Monster Golf and Spaghetti Factory for dinner. They had a pretty fun time they said. he then took the kids to The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. It was their first time going. They enjoyed it and ate every bite on their plates.

While Jake took the kits out for the day I made my way back to GT to attend a Cricut SWARM. OMGosh it was so much fun. A
Cricut SWARM is a 12 hour scrapbooking crop. We had TONS of food, snacks, goodie bags. One gal made cookies shaped like the Cricut bug head. She put the cookies together all by hand. It was truly a LABOR OF LOVE. Thanks Rachel. They were amazing. There were so many good treats to eat. I sure did have my fill. I kick started back to finishing up my album from our cruise to the Mexican Riviera in 2006. I think its 2 years overdue. LOL but I’m almost done with it. YAY!

Cricut bug head cookies


Sunday we couldn’t figure out what we wanted to do so after much deliberation we decided to head out to Apple Hill. Of course by the time we realized it, the time was already 3 and by the time we would have gotten there it would have been 5 so we nitched that idea and took Tori & Tyler bowling instead. We had a fun time. I WON!!! After bowling the kids played some arcade games. Took the kids home, we then went home ourselves. Another busy weekend for us but we got through it.

In between planning my first retreat next month, planning a Halloween party I managed to clean my scrappy room. I feel much better organized now that it’s clean. YAY!


Today kicks off the yearly Scrapbook Expo in Sacramento. Tomorrow I, Maria & Holly are going to Scrapbook Addict in West Sac to scrap for a few hours then we’re all carpooling over to the expo and scrapping from 5 to 11:30. Did I mention there will be shopping opportunities??? LOL It’s a HUGE event. There are vendors from all sorts of SB companies selling their products and demonstrations, make-n-takes…all kinds of goodies.

While we ladies are at the expo tomorrow, Andrew (Maria’s DH) is going to be over @ our house helping Jake put up Halloween decorations. I hope we can get things done in time for our party next weekend. It’s very unusual that we haven’t even started decorating; we usually start it the beginning of October. But we have gotten lazy this year. L But hopefully we can finish up things on Sunday if it’s not finished Saturday. NO PRESSURE GUYS!!!

The last couple weeks have been busy for me with planning the retreat next month. I have been purchasing goodies for the door bags, raffle prizes. I got my website up and running. I’ve actually been having fun planning everything. I have lots of interest for this retreat and even more interest from my fellow scrapbookers for the Napa Valley in March ‘09 retreat I’m trying to arrange. I’m hoping to have something booked by next month so that I can make the announcement. Wish me luck. I did work on a mini project today. It's called a Gift-to-Go Mini Album but after I finished it I thought it looked more like a Christmas card instead. Check it out. See you next blog.

No comments: