Thursday, July 10, 2008

Random stuff - 7.10.08

Cats are such amusing creatures. Arial & Belle have such personality. Arial, the outgoing cat loves her some drinking from faucet water. Belle, she just lays around with her tongue sticking out. It’s such a weird thing.

Two cats, same Mother but completely different personalities. Belle…a.k.a Scare-d-cat as we affectionately call her disappears when someone comes over. Heck; some people probably question that she even exists cuz she disappears as soon as she hears the doorbell or hears an unfamiliar voice coming in. My theory is, she was Houdini in a past life. =) It’s so weird but yet so strangely cute and amusing. Arial on the other hand is the friendly one. She doesn’t care who walks in the door, if you have 2 handy dandy hands, she’ll be sure to get a petting from you…the VISITOR!!!

We always knew she had a drinking problem, we just didn't know how bad it was! :o)


I wonder if her tongue ever dries up...hmm...

Jake & I went camping with our friends Ray & Gail 2 weeks ago at Lake Berryessa. It was absolutely beautiful and a large lake with 6 marinas. We happen to be swimming and I look up and I see these two beady little eyes staring down at us from above. It was a deer watching us swim. He/she was so cute. It looked like a baby deer. It just sat there patiently just watching and waiting to see if we would do anything. Of course the cliff was steering us from going near it so I think it felt safe. Ray wanted to get a closer look so he swam toward the shore but didn’t get to far when it stood up and just watched Ray. Every so often it felt intimidated so he stomped his foot as if to scare Ray off. It was cute watching he and Ray just staring each other down. It was as if his stomping was going to make Ray go away. It was a stand-off, deer versus human! It was rather an amusing site to see. Oh did I mention that they had wild peacocks running around. There were male, female and babies. How cute were they??? It amazes me that the males are much more beautiful than the females. It figures, males always seem to want the attention more. Haha! Here’s a peak @ the peacocks and the baby deer.

The male peacock - isn't he beautiful...or should I say handsome?


Mama and babies


See it's beady little eyes!



Here he is trying to ward off Ray


Ah, anyway on to new news…well sort of. Went to see the baby doctor today. Ah, the infinite wisdom that I am needing some medications. LOL! I have more pills to take than I know what to do with. I got the ones for my thyroid, the ones that taste like fish oil and those darn little pills for hormones that I’ll be taking very soon. Oye vey, I don’t know how much I can take….oh wait, 3! Haha. Oh and then to find out the script my doc prescribed and paid $45 bucks for I can get over the counter. Hmph…go figure.

Everything at the doctor’s office just messed with my head. You got to do this, you got to do that. I’m doing my best with my weight issues and it just seems like I’m not accomplishing much. My cholesterol is high and yet I can’t go on medication for that because we are still trying to get pregnant. I know I’ve lost weight because some of my clothes are fitting looser which makes me feel good. For the past couple weeks I’ve been doing well with walking with my friend Lisa. But these past 4 days we haven’t been able to walk because of all the smoke in the air from the fires burning here in northern Cal. It really stinks. I know making excuses to not exercise is lame. On a funny note though, on Monday I suggested she and I go to the mall and walk inside. Oh yeah our walk didn’t exist. We walked in and while on our way we stopped by Payless bought some shoes, then we went by New York & Co…and bought an outfit…both of us. =) Oh and the best part, we both got manicures and pedicures. LOL! Oh yeah…very productive. Hey at least we did walk a little bit. Yeah, I keep telling myself that. I’m still trying to convince myself it was walking. * sigh *

Anyway, after leaving the doctor’s office today I was feeling a little down. I feel bad though I took it out on Jake. He’s so supportive when it comes to the way I’ve been feeling. He just kind of sits back and waits for me to talk. He doesn’t pressure me. I LOVE that about him. It makes me sad to know I hurt his feelings by snapping at him. I didn’t mean to and he knows that. I love him so much and I know when he hurts, I hurt and visa versa. He’s my rock in this itty bitty world. I love you honey!

I promise tomorrow's report will be more uplifting. :o) Till then, goodnight to all.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Laura! Nice post, and don't worry Laura--things will workout on the baby end--i know that is what everyone probably tells you. But all in good time sweet Laura! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura ... I know how you feel on the baby thing. Evan and I (well, mostly me) struggled while we were trying, and now here we are with a newborn and limited sleep. Just relax and focus on each other, instead of over-thinking the goal of having a baby. That's what worked in the end for us. We'll keep you in our prayers. Love, Steph