Monday, July 21, 2008

Week in review – 7/13

The weeks of July have been going pretty quickly. We seem to have something going all the time. This past week went by so fast. Wednesday Jake and his friend John drove to San Francisco for the SEMICON trade show convention. In Jake’s young 36 years he had never ridden the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) before so this was his first time and he really liked it a lot. “It was cool” were the words I believe how he described it. They collected gidgets, gadgets and gizmos galore. Jake described it as collecting a bunch of ‘crap’. Haha, he has a way with words. But he had a good time hanging out with John. He got home pretty late. But into my own findings of their website it is described as: {SEMICON West connects you to the innovations, ideas, and information driving the business and technology of microelectronics manufacturing—as well as exciting new and expanding opportunities in MEMS, photovoltaics, nano-electronics, solid state lighting, renewable energy, and more.} It’s all geek to me. LOL It is right up Jake’s alley. He loves computers, new technology and new ideas. This was perfect for him and he enjoys it. Me, not so much. As long as I have a computer, internet access and a printer then I’m good to go. While DH was away I spent the day with Lisa & Melanie at their pool swimming in their community clubhouse. We had so much fun. I’d say we got a lot of exercise and were able to spend quality time together.

Friday afternoon we drove over to Maria & Drew’s house. Maria & I were going to spend the evening scrapbooking at one of our local scrapbook stores; the store is open till 2 am every 3rd Friday so we stayed. I worked on some layouts, and a recipe swap. A recipe swap you ask??? There are 10 people in the swap and each person makes 10 pages of the same recipe then we turn them in to the store and we then in turn get 10 different recipes back. This month’s recipes were to be International foods so I did one for Stuffed Cabbage. I did a polish dish because I’m ½ Polish. I really enjoy doing the swaps and I like getting new recipes. I just have to get better at remembering to do them before the deadline. But next months I have a jumpstart already. I already know what kind of recipe it’s going to be and have an idea in mind. Whoo hoo. That’s just the beginning though.

Our 1st Christmas together page

Halloween 2007 layouts


While Maria & I were scrapbooking, Jake was at Drew & Maria’s and played board games. When Maria & I drove back to her house, they were still playing
War on Terror game at 3am. Youzers. Jake took a picture of Angie as the Evil terrorist with his cell phone. Hilarious.

The boardgame


Drew's sister Angie as the EVIL terrorist from the War on Terror game


Saturday we spent the day anticipating the arrival of our cousin Amber who was driving from Fresno. She was coming to visit us for the weekend to ‘escape’ from her hectic past few weeks. YAY!!! She is 6 months pregnant with a little girl who she is going to name Allie Ann. Sorry Am I know that’s probably not the correct spelling of her first name. I’m pretty excited to know her middle name is the same as mine, Ann. Ahh, the little things in life. When Am arrived we visited for a bit then we took her to one of our favorite local restaurants, The
UFood Grill for lunch. It’s a Feel Great, Eat Smart grill with good, nutritional meals. They have a great extensive menu. So far we haven’t had anything we didn’t like. My favorite is the brown rice and sweet potato mash. If you ever get a UFood grill in your neck of the woods, you HAVE to try it. I guarantee you’ll love the food. After our venture from UFood, we took Am over to the Nugget Market and picked up a few miscellaneous items. The fruits & vegetable selection are top notch. There are fruits & veggies I’ve never even heard of but they have it there. We don’t buy much there, only when we want something on a little bit of the highest quality. We did however buy prosciutto there once and it was absolutely delicious. Anyway, we went to Daryl & Lisa’s for a BBQ. Lisa’s sister Christina was visiting them. While the guys went to get charcoal for the BBQ, us ladies stayed behind and I taught Amber, Lisa & Christina how to play Phase 10. It was a long game. Christina finally got frustrated b/c she was still on a low phase and she dropped out. She was the party pooper of the game. LOL…j/k Christina. The game finally ended with me winning. I rarely ever win any games so this was a nice victory. We had an awesome dinner. Daryl made chicken fajitas and they were yummy. I seem to be using the word yummy a lot lately. Don’t know why. Hmm!

Sunday we spent the day lazing around the house watching Netflix on demand. Got Amber hooked on one of our favorite series on Showtime. We were supposed to go to the Marysville peach festival but didn’t wind up going. We drove up to Mom’s to have dinner with her. Taking Amber was a surprise for her. She didn’t know she was going to be here. Mom was pretty excited to see her. On our way home, we took her to our favorite fro yo spot
Big Spoon
. She left this morning to visit her grandmother in Grass Valley and then she was heading home. Today we haven’t done much…well should I say I haven’t done much. Jake is working and I’m here blogging away. Anyway, that’s about all for now. Thanks for listening to me blog. Have a great week everyone and we’ll see you next blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coolness! I love Phase 10. My mom introduced us to it during a visit to San Jose (or maybe when they came up here) and it's fun (unless you get stuck at a low phase the whole game!).

Sounds like a packed week! Ours was much quieter, but we did spend Fri night thru Monday in San Jose. Beautiful weather, too! And most of Monday was on the beach (Santa Cruz beach boardwalk). NICE!