Monday, August 25, 2008

California State Fair

Jake & I met up with the Monick family (Evan, Stephanie, and son Liam) at the California State Fair this past Sunday. We had a great time hanging out with them. We were lucky enough to witness Liam's first trip to the state fair, he's just 3 month old. He's sooo cute. He slept quite a bit but all in all I think he enjoyed being in his mommies arms and extremely content even with the temp over 100 degrees. We did our best to do things in the exhibit halls. We saw all sorts of neat things. We visited the California Counties exhibit where diverse counties compete for accolades by creating original and elaborate displays showing off the incredible and unique beauty of California. They were amazing. I think my favorite had to be the Placer county display. Each and every one of them were original and creative.

On our way to the fair we realized I had forgotten to put the memory card back into our camera so I took pictures with my camera phone. Evan took a picture of all of us with their camera in front of the huge chicken. Evan says "Now we have proof we hung out together!" Hilarious. Evan, Steph & Liam left around 4 and Jake & I had the rest of the evening to do other things. We caught
The Stars of the Peking Acrobats. Holy cow they were amazing. It was cool to see the death difying acrobatics they did. I thought I was gonna pee my pants. :0 We also saw Terry Stokes, a Hypnotist. He's pretty good. He calls people up on stage and hypnotizes them and makes them do funny stuff. Sometimes I wonder if it is for real so I raised my hand to participate but I didn't get chosen. I've always wanted to do that but this is the first year I actually raised my hand. :( Oh well, there's always next year. =) I think we spent most of our money eating food...uhh junk food that is. LOL!!! But boy the Funnel Cake was soooo worth it. Yummy! There's nothing more nutricious than yummy fair food...uhh yeah right. LOL It was worth it to go to the fair this year. We have always gone every year except last year. It was weird not going last year. I have no idea why we didn't. I think we'll keep the tradition alive and continue to go again. See you next blog.


No comments: