Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Computer problems resolved...

Well, it happens to all of us - my computer decided to no longer participate... I have been building / trying to get it to work / scraping by a computer since November of last year. State of the art - quad 64 bit processor - 4 gigs of ram - Terabyte of hard drive space - sooper dooper video card - 2 monitors - very very fast -- HOWEVER -- it has never worked well and I was basically able to email, pay bills and see the Internet (my mobile phone can do that). Well last week one of the more serious problems came up - it corrupted my hard drive - would no longer boot and wouldn't allow me to re-install the operating system or anything - just dead. I was fed-up tried to get support from ABIT - manufacture of the main board - with nothing and finally decided just to get a new one. I picked up a moderate to high end mainboard at Fry's that is made by EVGA - it has the Nvidia 780i chipset (it was the best one that would work with my now outdated CPU and Memory). Installation was not uneventful, but eventually I have got it all to work and what a difference - my computer actually works and works well. Now to get the ABIT board replaced and recover some of my losses.

Work is very busy... Finishing my work up for FY08 Sarbanes Oxly Audits for my division and starting the JD Powers Certification for 2008. I never thought that I would get corralled into the compliance role, but it has been interesting. Wishing that I was doing more engineering stuff - but it is employment for now...

Well enough of the techie talk...

Looking forward to the WDW vacation at the end of the month. Enjoying spending time with my nephews.

but most of all, enjoying life and being very much in love with my wonderful wife Laura...

Take Care - Jake

No comments: