Monday, August 18, 2008

Long time...since blogged

Things around here haven't been terribly exciting so I haven't had much to blog about. We had our nephews Danny & Erik for a few days and that was nice. They are such good kids. They watched alot of the Disney Channel and shows such as The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, and the infamous Hannah Montana. It's amazing how popular these shows are. The twins form Suite life played Julian, aka 'Frankenstein' on the movie Big Daddy. Wow has he grown.

These past 2 weeks have flown by. LOL We have been preparing for our trip to WDW which we leave in exactly 8 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes...well as of this moment while I'm blogging. We have been clothes shopping for the past few weeks and it's been fun. We tell everyone we can about our upcoming trip. We have our days all planned out, what parks we're going to do, places we'll be eating. Some new restaurants to try. We are going to the 50's Primetime Cafe one afternoon for lunch. I can't wait to try the meatloaf. Ahh yes some of you are thinking ohh gross but I LOVE meatloaf and I don't make it for dinner here at home because Jake is NOT a fan of it. =( So I'm going to take advantage of that. We're also going to do the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review. I'd say it will be a hoot, but in this case it will be a HOOP!!! haha. Other points of interest of dining are the San Angel Inn in the Mexican Pavilion @ Epcot. The Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. And last but not least the Rose & Crown in the United Kingdom pavilion @ Epcot. LOL, here I am talking about all restaurants but we are going to take in some of the attractions to, don't you worry! Hopefully the motion sickness patches I have will help when I go on the Tower of Terror. Jake likes that ride so we'll see. Maybe I'll save that ride for last in the evening, just in case the patch doesn't work. But cross your fingers for me. =)

We have a jam packed 9 days while we're in Florida but we are going to enjoy every minute of it. The weather in Florida has been pretty moderate for this time of year. The average day forecast for when we are there says low 90's. The 10 day forecast has 92 most days. Well we'll try and beat the heat by staying cool but it is what it is and we'll have TONS of fun anyway.


We learned something new. So we have problems with teeny tiny ants around this time of year. Well they just LOVE cat food. So I looked online on how to keep them out of the food and this is what I found. If you fill a larger size bowl with water and set the cat food bowl inside it will keep the ants out and they can't get to it. I didn't think it would work but sure enough it works. WOO HOO. We originally tried moving the food bowl all over the downstairs and nothing seemed to work and then we had to throw out a full bowl b/c it was covered in the darn pesky things. But now we have a pesky free cat food bowl. We change the water every couple days so as it doesn't get icky. NOTE Ants can't swim so therefore they don't get into food. =) Tip of the week. See you next blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Laura! I'm glad that you're excited about your Disney trip, it all sounds delicious (your restaurant choices that is, hee). We're about ready to head out on vacation again ourselves, this time without the kids! Tim and I leave for Las Vegas in 15 days....and I'm counting down every minute.

Great tip on the ants versus cat food, we'll definitely have to try that if they get into our pet's food!