Thursday, August 28, 2008

Magic Kingdom - Day 1

Today was a great day from start to finish. Got up early and headed to the Magic Kingdom. We did the majority of the rides accept the roller coasters. Jake doesn’t like the feeling of not having control if he rides a roller coaster and me well…my stomach can’t handle going upside down and. Jake especially doesn’t like Space Mountain; it’s in complete darkness and doesn’t enjoy not having control. We headed over to Monster’s Inc. Laugh Factory. It’s an interactive show with Mike Wazowski as the MC. I actually got chosen to do a funny skit with one of the acts. They pick guests at random to “pick on”. I had to pick a # between 1-50 and say it aloud. He then claimed to be psychic and tried guessing my # several times. Anyway, the camera was on me the whole time for all to see as he instructed me to put my hands above my head and snort like a sheep. It was pretty embarrassing and at my expense. Ahh, the life of a guest @ WDW.

Our first “thrill” ride was Splash Mountain, a great way to cool off from a hot, hot day. Most of the thrill rides have a camera hidden somewhere amongst the ride so you have to know where they are to get a good picture. So needless to say, I knew exactly where the camera was and as we got to the 50 foot drop and I raised my hands as high as I could and took a great shot of us. That’s a keeper and will most likely go in my scrapbook. J We ordered it in 8x10; they had a special price for that and a frame. HEY, when Disney is giving out good deals…TAKE IT!

So pretty much the day was spent walking and riding and can’t forget EATING!!! We headed back to the resort after a long day of walking and went in the pools. Holy cow, we never imagined all the pools they had between our resort & the beach club resort. They have 5 pools in all, the biggest being Stormalong Bay which actually has sand around it and in it so that guests can make sand castles. The deepest it went was 8’ deep. The bigger pools closed @ 11 so we went over to the other pool by our room and were in it until 1am. We met a very nice newlywed couple who were visiting from London, England. We talked about the differences between living in America and England. It was amazing to find out that some of the same hardships of the US are also the same as it is in England. For instance, the average house price in England is about $350,000+. The prices of gas or as they call it petrol, is even more expensive than in the US. They are considering moving to America but either living in the Carolina’s or Florida. We really enjoyed talking with them and they were such a nice couple.

We didn’t take many pictures today but the ones we have taken I will upload and share the link with you all if you are interested in seeing the rest of them.
MAGIC KINGDOM But we did get the Disney’s Photopass so those we can access online and when we get some of those, we’ll show you them too. Disney World has also started decorating for the Not So Scary Halloween party and we got a few shots of those too. Well it’s 1:30 and I’m dead dog tired so that’s it for today. We’re going to Disney’s Hollywood Studios tomorrow. See you next blog.




No comments: